- Be Prepared! There is nothing worse than showing up to an interview without any knowledge about the company you are applying for, what skills you, which apply to the job, and what exactly is the job role that you have applied for, ensure you have done all research in advance!
- Make sure you are listening carefully to what the interviewer is saying and you are not confused by the question. If you are asking questions, this shows that you are engaged in the competition and actively listening.
- Prepare questions, interviewers like to know that you care and this shows them that you are someone who is not afraid to learn and speak up if you are struggling. It also shows collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Sell yourself. The interview is all about whether they want you as part of their company, they already know your qualifications because they’ve seen your application and invited you for an interview this stage is all about are you the type of person they want working with them,
- Be calm. This interview may not be the first or last one you get, if you have done all the preparation all you can do now is relax and be clear to the interviewers.
- Do not lie! This is one of the worst things you can do on your interview, they will find out that you have lied whether it is straight after the interview or down the line, get the job on your own merit, and do not lie.
- Do not focus on your old employer and spread bad gossip about them, this will show the new company that you are untrustworthy and therefore paint a bad picture of you. Always try to leave your old employer on good terms and attempt to start the new one with a great first impression.
- Do not interrupt anyone on the interview team. If they start talking you stop, let them talk first this shows that you are paying attention and are a respectful person for them to have on your team
- Do not mumble or look away. Keeping eye-contact and talking clearly is crucial to the success of your interview, never underestimate the power of acting the part, if you feel it you will become it.